Indian Premier League is the most popular and entertaining domestic league in India. Franchises try to build their best team by every possible way to buy number of players at very high as well as low prices. Hence, there are few players that have earned a maximum amount of money through franchises.
We look at the most expensive players in the IPL till date:
- Yuvraj Singh – Yuvraj Singh continues to be the most expensive player in the history of Indian Premier League. In 2015 Delhi Daredevils, has taken at $2.67 Million. That time Yuvraj Singh not performed well. He failed to perform well that season and was later released by the team.
- Gautam Gambhir – he is the Second most expensive player in IPL history. In 2011 Mumbai Indians has taken him at $2.5 Million. They have nothing to regret after Gambhir has led them to two IPL Trophies. He has led from the front and continues to play for the Knight Riders. Hence, he deserves every bit of his price tag.
- Ben Stokes - This time IPL auction was memorable as Ben Stokes got the maximum bid of $2.16 Million is the maximum bid amount any foreign player got in IPL. This time he will play for Rising Pune Supergiants and he is waiting to play with MS Dhoni and Under RPS Skipper Steve Smith.
- Yusuf Pathan - Yusuf Pathan was one of the big hitters in the Indian Premier League. In 2011 IPL auction was a great experience as Yusuf Pathan got $2.1 Million. Yusuf has performed well for the team and still plays for the Knightriders. Kolkata Knight Riders buy him paying the big bucks.
- Robin Uthappa – Robin Uthappa been a consistent batsman for Kolkata Knight Riders, playing with a lot of freedom and confidence. In 2011 He was signed by the Pune Warriors India for $ 2.1 Million.