Full Name: Felipe Lima de Melo
Date of Birth: February 11, 1986
Playing Role: Bowler
Batting Style: Rabbit... ops, conservative.
Bowling Style: Right off-spinner
2. At Present: Are you a Coach? A cricket player? A cricket related business? A club Owner? Mention your work profile (if anything else). ?
- I was studying for being a cricket coach, because that I had a Level 1 ICC Coaching Course. But for now, I am playing and managing my cricket team.
3. Are you playing cricket currently? If Yes - Since how long are you playing cricket? What level of cricket have you played so far in your country?
- Yes, I play since 2012. I just play in amateur level, and never was representing my country. I have international experience with my club.
4. Do you play for any club or a team? Mention their names? When was it founded? Where are you working currently?
- I am player and vice-president of Carioca Cricket Club, in Rio de Janeiro. The club was founded in November of 2011, I just joined the club 3 months after it started. I want to be more experienced at cricket, playing more for the club. Being a part of Carioca CC makes me proud.
5. Where do you and your team see yourself in coming 5 years? Where do you want to focus in order to improve your cricket?
- I want to stay here, at Carioca. With more experience, maybe I can play for a Brazilian team. however, I love doing my job at my club team. Over the years, we have done good things for Brazilian Cricket, and I want to enforce that.
6. Do you have any website or facebook page? Mention their links.
7. Any recent achievements/activities that you had. (It could be organizing a small camp, or just playing a match or organizing a cricket camp or playing a tournament series) Do mention the date.
- I attended ICC Coaching Course level 1 in 2015, and had travel to play against Bogotá CC and Lima CC at your domains at 2015 and 2016, respectively. For now, I will help my team to organize next round of Brazilian Nationals.
8. Would you like to come to India for a tournament or a coaching camp? Or do you want to travel any other country (if Yes, please mention the name)?
- Travel to India, or for any country at Indian Subcontinent will be a fantastic experience for every cricketer. Will be a dream realized. By the way, honestly, I’m willing to be a maximum cricket vivence, independent if this will be in a full-member country or not. I was started late at sport, I need to chase this.
9. What are the challenges you are facing in your country's cricket? If any, how do you feel to overcome those challenges?
- We had 2 major challenges: integrate a big country, and get new players.
- The first challenge is trivial: Brazil is the 5th most biggest country in the world, like USA or Canada, for example. However, we are poorest than they. Travel around Brazil is expensive and needs spend time, think what a full amateur structure hasn't. Now, for example, we do Nationals in a host place and do a lot of games in few 2 or 3 days, without a reserve day. Is so hazardous make a quality championship on this conditions.
- The second challenge is a consequence of history: cricket is the second most played game in the world. Because is playing a lot on Indian Subcontinent. It’s not an Olympic game or included in World Games. We haven’t a full-member colony here: make a parallel with baseball, for example. We had a group of good native players because of Japanese colony effort through decades. We aren’t playing a global sport. Because that it hasn't appeal in Brazilian media, and few people know the game; and who knows remember multiple-days matches, a thing incomprehensible for a country what your major game length is 90 minutes. It repels natives. With this scenario, we need be what anyone does: appeal for foreigners love of the game. That is a reason because cricket is alive here. By the way, how I write in the last paragraph, we aren’t USA or Canada: our immigration course is not contemplated with natives for countries where cricket is loved.
10. One thing that you instantly need that would boost the involvement of people in your country's cricket?
- Appearances in TV, for example. Here, ESPN broadcasting every ICC Championships and Caribbean Regional Super50 on the internet. If this found space in TV, I think more people be interested in the game like it happens with rugby and American football.
11. Name any 3 active Cricket Clubs from your locality, Country. Also, mention the name and email id of these 3 clubs.
- I don’t know emails, however, every team had a Facebook page.
- Carioca Cricket Club
- Poços de Caldas Cricket Club
- São Sebastião Cricket Club
12. Would you like to nominate any club from your country for a free website from Global Cricket Community? If Yes, Why?
- I think Poços de Caldas CC. Is an awesome work with youngsters in a city with the same name.