Julia Christine is a Cricket & Football fan from Suriname, a country in South America. Cricket in Suriname is limited only to men and there is no single team of Women in the country. Julia's aim is to form her own team in the country and teach them cricket. This would be an excellent initiative to promote as well as start Women's Cricket in the Country. Global Cricket Community wishes you all the best Julia.
1. Tell us about you?
Full Name: Julia Ramnauth Christine
Date of Birth: 13-9-1993
Playing Role: All Rounder
Batting Style: RHB
Bowling Style: Leg Break
2. At Present: Are you a Coach? A cricket player? A cricket related business? A club Owner? A cricket Fan? Mention your work profile (if anything else).
I am a cricket fan from Suriname.
3. Are you playing cricket currently? If Yes - Since how long are you playing cricket? What level of cricket have you played so far in your country?
No I am not playing any cricket currently.
4. Do you play for any club or a team? Mention their names? When was it founded? Where are you working currently?
5. Where do you and your team see yourself in coming 5 years? Where do you want to focus in order to improve your cricket?
I am focussed on promoting Women's Cricket in Suriname and hopefully succeed and form a team.
6. Do your club/association have any website or Facebook page? Mention their links.
7. Any recent achievements/activities that you had. (It could be organizing a small camp, or just playing a match or organizing a cricket camp or playing a tournament series) Do mention the date.
Women's cricket is planned to be promoted on the 17th of march 2015.
8. Would you like to come to India for a tournament or a coaching camp? Or do you want to travel any other country (if Yes, please mention the name)?
Yes, that would be awesome. I'd love to go to New Zealand or Australia to view a world cup match or the finals.
9. What are the challenges you are facing in your country's cricket? If any, how do you feel to overcome those challenges?
We are working on cricket here. The progress is going kinda slow. I hope we don't have to face any hard challenges that would pull us back because my dream is to form a team and be part of it.
10. One thing that you instantly need that would boost the involvement of people in your country's cricket?
We need girls who are willing to play and learn cricket so that we can eventually form a proper team.
11. Name any 3 active Cricket Clubs from your locality, Country.
2. Amar shaktie
12. Would you like to nominate any club from your country for a free website from Global Cricket Community? If Yes, Why?
Yes, I would like to nominate Amar Shaktie because they would love to have this kind of development and GCC would be ideal.
13. Tell in brief (One paragraph). Which country are you supporting this World Cup? And Why?
The West Indies because i have watched them since I was a child and I am also from the Carribean.