The Auckland University Cricket Club was established in the 1907-08 season and is affiliated to Auckland Cricket Association (ACA). At the Auckland University Cricket Club you will find a Club built on over 100 years of history and tradition that caters for all kinds of people, young and old, big and small, shy or bold.
The clubs history indicates that it amalgamated with two clubs namely Middlemore Club in 1942-43 and St Heliers Cricket Club in 1978-79. It took the University Cricket Club fifteen seasons to win its first Auckland Premier championship. This was achieved in the 1922-23 season. The club has since won five other Auckland Premier championships in 1924-25, 1940-41, 1960-61, 1974-75 and 1975-76. In the 2002-03 season the premier team won the Auckland Senior First championship to gain promotion back into the premier grade.
The Club celebrated its 100th anniversary in the 2008-09 season with a weekend of games and social events to mark this wonderful occasion. Today the Club boasts a total of 19 senior teams and 61 junior teams and in terms of playing numbers the club is at an all-time high. Its facilities at Colin Maiden Park in Merton Road are without doubt the best in Auckland and this undoubtedly is a big attraction to many players.
The club has Junior players aged from 5 to 17 years and Senior players anyone 16 years or over. The club operates all the junior players by aligning Junior Grades to the school year at the start of the season. For example, children in Year 2 at school in 2015 play in the Year 2 grade, in Year 3 at school in the Year 3 grade, etc. In case of Senior players there is a wide range of grades to suit adult players of all ages, social to competitive.
Social Grades are as follows
- For the extremely social – Twilight Cricket is offered at our home ground for 2 hours on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings
- For the almost as social – Twenty20 Cricket is played for 3 hours on Saturday or Sunday afternoons against other clubs in Auckland
- For a player who wants a longer and more competitive game – the Senior 1-Day grades play 40-over games on Saturday afternoons
Competitive Men's Grades
- Senior A–C – mixture of 1-Day and 2-Day games on Saturday afternoons for the more competitive
- Premier and Premier Reserve – for those who want to play at the highest level of competitive Club Cricket in Auckland
- Women's Premier – AUCC will be entering a team into the Women’s Premier grade this season
- Women's 1st Grade – An alternative to Women's Premier for players wanting to play just T20 cricket
Global Cricket Community appreciates Auckland University Cricket Club for promoting cricket through a University Cricke Club. Having a commendable history of more than 100 years, AUCC still is going strong and providing quality cricket through the club management and development. Global Cricket Community congratulates Auckland University CC and wishes the club all the very best for future.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/aucc1907/