The Indian Engineers Cricket Club consists of a motley crew of Indian Computer Engineers employed in Tokyo, Japan for the past few years. They have been playing cricket since 1995 in Tokyo and cricket had been their passion from the beginning. In 1996, some of the players had a wild dream that they should form a cricket team, and hence the team called Indian Engineers Cricket Club formed in 1997 January. They IECC played their first match against Friends XI in 1997.
When IECC started, they didn’t know what and how it would be like playing cricket in Japan, they had only one set of Kit to start with.
Important Milestones and Events
- Successfully defended a paltry total of 47 against the British Embassy in the erstwhile Kanto Cup league match.
- Won the first Pacific Cup(2-1) in the year 2000, a three match series between the Shizuoka Kytes
- Started the first-ever Cricket Newsletter in March, 2000
- Won the 6 team Japan Gold Cup in 2002
- Qualified for Division I of Kanto Cricket League in 2001
- Started the first-ever Japan Cricket Rating System in July, 2005
The IECC are sponsored by Jay Enterprises, Limited (Gold Sponsor) and SIDO (Silver Sponsor – Player of the match sponsor)
IECC is currently playing the Japan Cup 2016. Global Cricket Community wishes IECC all the best for the competition and the clubs future. Global Cricket Community writes about genuine cricket clubs from various cricket playing countries to promote quality cricket clubs for providing various opportunities for the club to grow further and spread more and more cricket across the world.
To know more about the Indian Engineers Cricket Club, visit