Mumbai Cricket Club is based in Mumbai, India. The club was formed in 2002 on the invitation of Nepal Cricket Association. The club was started with the aim of giving opportunity to the players who are very hard working and do not know the steps of success in cricket field. They always organized All India Tournament in Mumbai and get the support and guidance of leading coach and players like Mr. Ramakant Achrekar Sir, Mr. Vasim Jaffer, Mr. Vinayak Mane (Former Mumbai Ranji team captain). There are few internationals players who played for MCC in Charity matches in Gorakhpur namely:
Mr. Jwala Singh is the chief Coach and Managing Director of MCC, a national level cricketer at present playing as a professional cricketer for domestic cricket team in India and abroad too. He was also selected for under 17 Indian school team to participate in Under 17 world cup in 1998.
The club has list of players with their Achievement. I have listed few of them below.
- Druv Thakkar (Left Hand Batsman Off spinner)Selected for Sport star Trophy
- Ansuman Mishra (Selected for MRF pace foundation & selected for Mumbai under 17 Team in 2005)
- Harshad Koli (Playing Under 19 MCA and Kanga league)
- Akshit Patel (Played Under 19 sports star trophy)
- Farhan Khan (Under 19 Mumbai Stand Bye Playing kanga league)
- Jayesh Patil (Playing Kanga league B-Division)
- Iqbal Abdulla (Playing Ranji Trophy and IPL) and India Emerging Team
- Tanmay Burad (Playing U-14 MCA).
- Ajinkya Beloshe (Right hand batsman plyed U-19 MCA).
MCC also provide opportunity to the players to play various tournament out side the Mumbai, the club has done 30 tours till 2010 to Nepal, Kolkata, Chennai, Lucknow, Varanasi, Sri Lanka.
This are the upcoming tours
- Tour to South Africa November
- Tour to North India and Nepal.
- Tour to Kolkata
- Tour to Australia
We at www.globalcricketcommunity.com wish you all the very best for further journey of cricket.
Mumbai Cricket Club – India: http://www.mcccricket.com/