Thomas Kimber is the National Cricket Player from Guernsey. Thomas is just 25 now, but has bagged huge experiences, representing his National Side against major teams like Jersey, Italy, France, Norway, Denmark, Tanzania, Cayman Islands. Thomas has played in 2014 ICC World Cricket League Division 5 Tournament. Earlier this year, in May 2015, he played in ICC Europe Division One Tournament. He feels a positive growth for his National Side.
1. Tell us about you?
Full Name: Thomas Kimber
Date of Birth: 10th May 1990
Playing Role: Batsman/Keeper
Batting Style: Aggressive
Bowling Style: Left arm medium
Address: Vale, Guernsey.
2. At Present: Are you a Coach? A cricket player? A cricket related business? A club Owner? A cricket Fan? Mention your work profile (if anything else).
3. Are you playing cricket currently? If Yes - Since how long are you playing cricket? What level of cricket have you played so far in your country?
I have been playing cricket since the age of 8 years old. I have and do still play for the senior national side for Guernsey.
4. Do you play for any club or a team? Mention their names? When was it founded? Where are you working currently?
Local cricket in Guernsey, my club side is Miton Optimal CC. And obviously the national side.
5. Where do you and your team see yourself in coming 5 years? Where do you want to focus in order to improve your cricket?
Guernsey cricket has recently gone through a transition period, following the loss of 5 or 6 key players all at once. With an average age of around 22 years old the national side has a very bright future. I would hope that in 5 years time we are competing for promotion to World Cricket league 4.
6. Do your club/association have any website or Facebook page? Mention their links.
7. Any recent achievements/activities that you had. (It could be organizing a small camp, or just playing a match or organizing a cricket camp or playing a tournament series) Do mention the date.
Guernsey recently competed in the European Division 1 T20 competition. It was a tight tournament with some good cricket played. Guernsey came 4th despite only losing two games out of 5 and beating Denmark, who are ranked significantly higher than us.
8. Would you like to come to India for a tournament or a coaching camp? Or do you want to travel any other country (if Yes, please mention the name)?
We would love to play in the sub continent, however with all the ICC cricket we play, as a completely amateur side, time off from work is hard to come by for the players.
9. What are the challenges you are facing in your country's cricket? If any, how do you feel to overcome those challenges?
The main challenge is getting enough of the right sort of of competitive games. Guernsey is entering a side into the Sussex premier leagues next season to try and address this. Obviously that is not a cheap endeavour and we are lucky to have great board and sponsor (Ravenscroft Investments) who have managed to raise sufficient funds to allow us to play in Sussex.
10. One thing that you instantly need that would boost the involvement of people in your country's cricket?
Continuing the good work the Guernsey Cricket Board does in schools, to get kids into it at an early age.
11. Name any 3 active Cricket Clubs from your locality, Country. Also mention the name and email id of these 3 clubs.
1. Miton Optimal CC.
2. Max Ellis Cobo CC
3. Wanderers CC
12. Would you like to nominate any club from your country for a free website from Global Cricket Community? If Yes, Why?
No. Guernsey cricket already has a very good website that caters for all the club sides in Guernsey.