The West Vancouver Cricket Club is located in West Vancouver, BC, was founded in 1955 by Tom Guy, Dr George Mott and John Able. It is classified as the one of the best cricketing facility in Western Canada also one of the largest cricket clubs in Canada. Within one year the West Vancouver Cricket Team entered in “A” Division, In 1957, a team was entered in both “A” and “B” Divisions. The new ground of West Vancouver Cricket Club is at Hugo Ray Park (including 2 outdoor nets and 2 grounds), which has become the permanent home of the West Vancouver Cricket Club with full playing, practicing and social facilities.
West Vancouver Cricket Team have 7 teams whose playing in the British Columbia Mainland Cricket League (BCMCL) for the 2016 Season. The club also participates in a Pre-Season Twenty20 Cricket Tournament which runs for 5 weekends prior to the start of the regular season.
Other cricket events/tournaments include:
- Social Over 40's Cricket (mid week)
- Junior Cricket - Under 12's and Under 17's programs
- High Performance cricket programs
- Summer Cricket Camp (July 4-8, 2016) at Hugo Ray Park
- Women's Cricket (May to August)
- The club supports and provides coaches for School Cricket
- Social games during the season
- Mid-week Twenty20 Cricket
- 6-A-Side Tournaments
- Matches against touring teams
- Community and social cricket on Fridays from 6-8 pm (June - August)
West Vancouver Cricket Club also have Women’s and Over 40’s teams. Apart from this the club also arranges Cricket Programmes for kids, including Kanga Cricket for Kids aged 6 - 12 years, Hardball Cricket for Kids aged 12-17. They also have SATURDAY MORNING LEAGUE for kids. West Vancouver Cricket Club arranges coaches to Collingwood School Cricket Team. The school team trains and plays at Hugo Ray Park.