Franziska Ziegler is the German National Cricket team player since 2009. Franziska started playing cricket at the age of 10. She soon picked up the game and made it to the National team at the age of 16. She joined Cologne International Cricket Club based in Cologne, Germany. She won the Most Valuable Player award against France in the European Women's Tournament. She feels that having more and more young players joining the game would definitely bring in better results and increased level of Cricket in the region. Franziska envisions a positive growth for the team and wants to win the International Tournament for her team.
1. Tell us about yourself?
Full Name: Franziska Ziegler
Date of Birth: 05.09.1994
Playing Role: All Rounder
Batting Style: RH
Bowling Style: RH medium
2. What age did you start playing cricket?
In the 5th grade in school (10/11 years).
3. How was your first experience with the Game? Who is your inspiration in Cricket and why?
Indoor tournaments, training in school.
4. Which team and Club do you play for? When was it founded?
CICC Cologne International Cricket Club since 2010.
German National Team since 2009.
5. Where do you and your team see yourself in coming 5 years? Where do you want to focus in order to improve your cricket?
With the German National Team I’d like to win the next international tournament. We came close in the last three years.
What I would improve in my Cricket? Probably my batting.. I’d like to score more runs.
7. Any recent achievements/activities that you had. (It could be organizing a small camp, or just playing a match or organizing a cricket camp or playing a tournament series) Do mention the date.
Playing for Germany in the European Women’s Tournament and being awarded as MVP against France were my personal top achievements this summer.
8. Would you like to come to India for a tournament or a coaching camp? Or do you want to travel any other country (if Yes, please mention the name)?
I would love to go to India or another country to play Cricket and learn more about it. But who would sponsor that? One of my dreams is to play a Cricket match in a foreign country.
9. What are the challenges you are facing in your country's cricket? If any, how do you feel to overcome those challenges?
We need more young people playing cricket.
At the moment, a lot of the new players who take up cricket are already in their 20’s.
Those players are very welcome, of course, but to sustain cricket long-term in Germany, we need more young people to join in.
10. One thing that you instantly need that would boost the involvement of people in your country's cricket?
More coaches and training for young people
11. Name any 3 active Cricket Clubs from your locality, Country. Also mention the name and email id of these 3 clubs.