Pavandeep Singh is a National Cricket Player for Malaysia. Pavandeep started playing Cricket when he was just 8 years old and picked up the game very quickly. He got an opportunity to play for Malaysia in the ACC U16 Elite Cup at the tender age of 15. At the age of 16, made debut for the National Team. He was also a part of the Malaysian Cricket Team which took part in the ICC World Cricket League Division 3 and finished 3rd in the Tournament. Pavandeep who is just 18, has several achievements to his name and is looking to make a big name for himself in the coming future. Global Cricket Community would like to wish him all the best for his future endeavours.
1. Tell us about yourself?
Full Name : Pavandeep Singh
D.O.B : 17.01.1997
Gender : MALE
Playing Role : Bowler
Batting Style : Right Hand Bat
Bowling Style : Slow left arm
Address : 21-7, Suasana Bangsar, 1 Jalan Kaloi, 59100, KL.
Country : Malaysia
2. At Present: Are you a Coach? A cricket player? A cricket related business? A club Owner? A cricket Fan? Mention your work profile (if anything else).
I am currently playing for the Malaysian National Men's team and the U19 team.
3. Are you playing cricket currently? If Yes - Since how long are you playing cricket? What level of cricket have you played so far in your country?
I've been playing cricket since I was 8 years old. I first played for Malaysia in the ACC U16 ELITE CUP when I was 15. At that tournament, Malaysia emerged champions beating Nepal in the finals. At the age 16, I made my debut for the senior national team. I recently played in the ACC T20 tournament in January which was held in Dubai.
4. Do you play for any club or a team? Mention their names? When was it founded? Where are you working currently?
I currently play for the Royal Selangor Club which was founded in the early 1900's and for the Kuala Lumpur state team for the domestic competition. Currently, i m still studying.
5. Where do you and your team see yourself in coming 5 years? Where do you want to focus in order to improve your cricket?
Malaysia is currently in Division 3 in the ICC World League rankings. In the next 5 years, we hope to move up the rankings to qualify for higher level tournaments at the world stage. To achieve this, I believe we need to play lots of cricket against higher ranked teams.
6. Do your club/association have any website or Facebook page? Mention their links.
7. Any recent achievements/activities that you had. (It could be organizing a small camp, or just playing a match or organizing a cricket camp or playing a tournament series) Do mention the date.
Malaysia took part in the ICC WCL DIV 3 which was held between the 23rd October to 30th October 2014. We finished 3rd in that tournament, just one step away from gaining qualification to the next division. We then took part in the Asian Games which was held in South Korea from the 28th September to 4th of October 2014. We also recently played the Asian Cricket Council T20 competition in Dubai from 25th Jan to 30th Jan 2015. Results of all the the tournaments above can be viewed on cricinfo.com
8. Would you like to come to India for a tournament or a coaching camp? Or do you want to travel any other country (if Yes, please mention the name)?
I wouldn't mind that opportunity.
9. What are the challenges you are facing in your country's cricket? If any, how do you feel to overcome those challenges?
Lack of playing opportunities at a higher level of cricket among top level cricket nations is one of the challenges faced by Malaysian cricketers today. However, cricket is gaining popularity in the country through the efforts of the Malaysian Cricket Association. Hopefully this will improve media coverage for the sport and at the same time bring in more sponsors to support cricket in Malaysia.
10. Name any 3 active Cricket Clubs from your locality, Country. Also mention the name and email id of these 3 clubs.
Royal Selangor Club
Kuala Lumpur Cricket Association ( http://klcricket.com/ )
11. Would you like to nominate any club from your country for a free website from Global Cricket Community? If Yes, Why?
No. We already have our own website.
12. Tell in brief (One paragraph). Which country were you supporting this World Cup? And Why?
I was supporting India during the World Cup 2015. I feel they had a very balanced and strong squad and it showed during the world cup when they won 6 out of 6 matches. I enjoy watching India bat, they've got some really good batsman like Dhawan, Virat, Rohit who can play long innings and also big hitters like Dhoni, Jadeja for the power play overs. For the final, i personally wanted New Zealand to win it, they played some real good cricket throughout and McCullum's captaincy was brilliant.