Chloe Greechan from Jersey is an All Rounder Cricket player, who plays for Jersey Ladies Team and local women's Cricket team known as Lillie Ladies. Chloe who is 14 now, started playing Cricket when she was just 10. Her first big experience was in Germany last year in the Ladies Europeans Tournament. At such a tender age, Chloe managed to make it to the National team and since then there was no looking back. Chloe also had an opportunity to play in this year's Ladies European Tournament and performed exceptionally well taking 5 Wickets and giving away just 13 Runs. Chloe loves to travel and make new friends and Cricket is sufficing both her love. There is a long way to go for Chloe and Global Cricket Community would like to wish you all the best.
1. About Me?
Name: Chloe Greechan
Date of Birth: 22/09/2000
Role: All Rounder
Bowling: Fast Seamer
Address: Jersey, Channel Island
2. What age did you start playing cricket?
I started playing cricket at the age of 10.
3. How was your first experience with the Game? Who is your inspiration in Cricket and why?
My first big experience was in Germany, last year. That was in the ladies Europeans. I was nervous at first, but I had an encouraging team. They helped me through the first game or so. From then on, I was fine and I loved the tournament.
My inspirations in cricket, are Katherine Brunt and Charlotte Edwards. The reasons are, Katherine is a quick bowler. Who puts 100% percent in every ball. She is also a fierce batsman. As for Charlotte, she is a great captain. Who supports and encourages her team. I look up to her because I want to be England's captain one day.
4. Do you play for any club or a team? Mention their names? When was it founded?
I play for a local women's cricket team, they're called; Lillie Ladies. I also play for the Jersey ladies team.
5. Where do you and your team see yourself in coming 5 years? Where do you want to focus in order to improve your cricket?
Our team want to see ourself playing in a top European division. Competing against high level national teams.
6. Do your club/association have any website or Facebook page? Mention their links.
Our Jersey Women's cricket team have a Facebook page. It's called Jersey Women's Cricket Association.
7. Any recent achievements/activities that you had. (It could be organizing a small camp, or just playing a match or organizing a cricket camp or playing a tournament series) Do mention the date.
Played in the Ladies European tournament, last year. 6/8/2014 - 9/8/2014
Played in this years Ladies European tournament. 6/8/2015 - 9/8/2015.
8. Would you like to come to India for a tournament or a coaching camp? Or do you want to travel any other country (if Yes, please mention the name)?
I would love to travel to India to play in a tournament. I would love to travel to big places, to play cricket.
9. What are the challenges you are facing in your country's cricket? If any, how do you feel to overcome those challenges?
The challenges would be playing in the men's local league. Batting against them is difficult as they don't go easy on you.
10. One thing that you instantly need that would boost the involvement of people in your country's cricket?
To improve involvement in Jersey. We need more young girls playing cricket. So they can become the future.
11. Name any 3 active Cricket Clubs from your locality, Country. Also mention the name and email id of these 3 clubs.
3 cricket clubs I'd mention, would be Lillie Ladies, Jersey Ladies and the Men's Post.
12. Would you like to nominate any club from your country for a free website from Global Cricket Community? If Yes, Why?
I would like to nominate Jersey Women's Cricket because I feel that would help promote Women's Cricket in Jersey.