Faheem Afrad is young and an active Cricket Player from Saudi Arabia National Cricket Team. Faheem , who is just 20 has previously played in U19 National Team as well. Faheem is also a part of Mycare and Hala Cricket Club based in Saudi Arabia. Faheem and his team recently played ACC T20 regional Qualifiers in Sharjah and secured 3rd place. In the Interview, Faheem highlights some more past achievements. Also he throws some light on the challenges faced in Saudi Arabian Cricket. Global Cricket Community would like to wish you a great and successful career ahead.
1. Tell us about you?
Full Name: Faheem Afrad
Date of Birth: 02/04/95
Playing Role: Bowling All Rounder
Batting Style: Right hand batsman
Bowling Style:Right arm leg spin
Address: Azizia, Jeddah
Country: Saudi Arabia
2. At Present: Are you a Coach? A cricket player? A cricket related business? A club Owner? A cricket Fan? Mention your work profile (if anything else).
Ans: A Cricket player
3. Are you playing cricket currently? If Yes - Since how long are you playing cricket? What level of cricket have you played so far in your country?
Ans: Yes, I have been playing cricket since 7 years and I have represented Senior cricket team of Saudi Arabia.
4. Do you play for any club or a team? Mention their names? When was it founded? Where are you working currently?
Ans: I have been playing for Mycare & Hala cricket club. It was founded in 2009. I am still a student.
5. Where do you and your team see yourself in coming 5 years? Where do you want to focus in order to improve your cricket?
Ans: We are looking forward to qualify for the qualifiers of ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP in the following 5 years.
We need to focus to be able to play on turf wickets as we lack playable turf wicket in Saudi Arabia and we also need grassy grounds to practice on.
6. Do your club/association have any website or facebook page? Mention their links.
7. Any recent achievements/activities that you had. (It could be organizing a small camp, or just playing a match or organizing a cricket camp or playing a tournament series) Do mention the date.
Ans: Recently we played ACC T20 regional qualifier in Sharjah, UAE in January and secured 3rd place and last year (2014) we played ACC Elite Cup in Singapore in which we were the runners up through which we also qualified for ICC World Cricket League.
8. Would you like to come to India for a tournament or a coaching camp? Or do you want to travel any other country (if Yes, please mention the name)?
Ans: I would love to play in India as the cricket in India is much more developed as compare to Saudi Arabia and might get opportunity to play with and against experienced players. I would also love to play in UK or Australia.
9. What are the challenges you are facing in your country's cricket? If any, how do you feel to overcome those challenges?
Ans: Currently we are lacking proper infrastructure. We can overcome these challenges by making proper cricket fields, hiring top level coaches, providing better facilities to players and by getting much more opportunities to play in bigger events.
10. One thing that you instantly need that would boost the involvement of people in your country's cricket?
Ans: By spreading the trend of cricket among Saudi Locals which is under process by the cricket board of Saudi Arabia.
11. Name any 3 active Cricket Clubs from your locality, Country.
Mycare & Hala
12. Would you like to nominate any club from your country for a free website from Global Cricket Community? If Yes, Why?
Ans: I would like to have a website of global cricket community for Mycare & Hala as it is one of the leading clubs in Saudi Arabia.