Chetan Suryawanshi, an Indian born Cricket Player is currently representing Singapore National Cricket Team. Chetan has played Cricket in India, England, Australia and now in Singapore. He is also coaching U19, U17 and U15 kids in Singapore. In an Interview with Vishal Yadav, Chetan shares his experiences and tells about the challenges Singapore Cricket is facing.
1. Tell us about you?
Full Name: Chetan Ramchandra Suryawanshi
Date of Birth: 24th feb 1985
Playing Role: Batsman/Wicket Keeper/Medoum Pacer
Batting Style: RHB
Bowling Style: RHMF
2. At Present: Are you a Coach? A cricket player? A cricket related business? A club Owner? A cricket Fan? Mention your work profile (if anything else).
At Present I am a professional player and Coach. I play for Singapore and Coach Singapore Under 19,17 and 15.
3. Are you playing cricket currently? If Yes - Since how long are you playing cricket? What level of cricket have you played so far in your country?
I have been plying cricket from the age of 8 . I have played cricket in India, England, Australia and Singapore.
India - Maharashtra, West Zone, Devgiri Emperrors And Cadence.
England - Bolton Indians Cricket Club
Australia - Rockingham Mandurah District Club
Singapore - Singapore, SCA Colts, Lanka Lions and Indian Association.
4. Do you play for any club or a team? Mention their names? When was it founded? Where are you working currently?
At the moment playing for Indian Association . Its very old club and was formed in 1923..
5. Where do you and your team see yourself in coming 5 years? Where do you want to focus in order to improve your cricket?
National team current position is 24 in the world and in division 3 world cricket league. Want to see the team in 2019 world cup. Improvement is needed in consistency of the players performance.
6. Do your club/association have any website or facebook page? Mention their links.
7. Any recent achievements/activities that you had. (It could be organizing a small camp, or just playing a match or organizing a cricket camp or playing a tournament series) Do mention the date.
We just had ACC T 20 tournament n Dubai , We came 4th in that.
8. Would you like to come to India for a tournament or a coaching camp? Or do you want to travel any other country (if Yes, please mention the name)?
9. What are the challenges you are facing in your country's cricket? If any, how do you feel to overcome those challenges?
10. One thing that you instantly need that would boost the involvement of people in your country's cricket?
Stronger Media will develop more cricket in Singapore.