Gulshan Youth Club is located at Gulshan, Dhaka - Bangladesh. The club was founded in 1997 by group of people from Gulshan. Special mention is that this is the only club of its kind in this model town. Since its establishment it has been actively organizing and participating in various sports & socio-cultural activities in progress of its objectives of grooming the youth as honorable and accomplished citizens of the country. Amongst its many activities, its participation in the Dhaka Premier Cricket deserves a memorable recognition.
Mr. Humayun Kabir is President of Gulshan Cricket Club, Mr. Md. Showket Hossain is General Secretary, Mr. Salahuddin Ahmed, Reshad Mr. Hossain Khan and Mr. Mehadi Hasan are Vice President of Gulshan Youth Club. Along with this, Miss Bahreen Khan and Mr. Md. Shariful Islam Varosha are Joint Secretary of Club. There are 61 founder members in Gulshan Youth Club. Along with this there are 17 honorary members in Gulshan Youth Club.
Aims and Objectives of Gulshan Youth Club:
- To promote culture, sports, religious and other youth activities.
- To promote and activate the sense of social service among the residence of the Gulshan community.
- To promote friendship, fellowship and natural understanding among the members of youth club.
- To organize cultural shows, stage dramas, musical soirees etc. from time to time either alone or in collaboration with similar Clubs in the country.
- To improve, manage, develop and prepare lands for playing tennis, football, cricket, hockey, basketball, squash, athletic & sports, billiard, karate, rowing and other indoor and outdoor games.
- To invest the money of the Club not immediately required upon such securities and in such manner as may from time to time be determined.
- To enter into any arrangements with any authorities, municipal, local or otherwise, Club, Syndicate, Trust, Firm, Person, or Committee that may seem conducive to the Club's objects.
- To do all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the objective of the Club.
- The income and property of the Club, however derived, shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the object of the Club as set forth.
- Any person residing in Gulshan, irrespective of gender shall be eligible to be a member of this Club for which he/she shall be required to apply in prescribed form provided by the executive committee of Gulshan Youth Club.
Apart from Cricket there are several other activities also held in the Gulshan Youth Club such as Football, Basketball, Roller Skating, Quran Pat, Tennis, Music, Art, Karate, Swimming, Volleyball, GYM, GYC Pathshala, Yoga, Walking, Free Medical Center, Childrens Corner, Ladies Corner, Senior Citizen Corner and Badminton.
Official Website: http://www.gulshanyouthclub.com/